How to Make Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders: A Delicious and Easy Recipe
Baked ham and cheese sliders are a perfect dish for any occasion. Whether you need a quick and easy dinner, a satisfying snack, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, these sliders will not disappoint. They are made with soft and buttery rolls, sliced ham, melted cheese, and a tangy mustard sauce that adds a burst of flavor. In this article, you will learn how to make baked ham and cheese sliders in a few simple steps, and get some tips and variations to customize them to your liking.
What You Need to Make Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
To make baked ham and cheese sliders, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 slider rolls, such as Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 12 slices of ham, thinly sliced
- 12 slices of cheese, such as Swiss, cheddar, or provolone
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
You will also need a 9×13-inch baking dish, a large knife, a small bowl, a pastry brush, a cutting board, and foil.
How to Make Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
To make baked ham and cheese sliders, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease your baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Cut the slider rolls horizontally in half and place the bottom halves in the prepared baking dish, making sure they fit snugly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, mustard, honey, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Brush half of the butter mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls, covering them evenly.
- Layer the ham slices over the buttered rolls, followed by the cheese slices, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Place the top halves of the rolls over the cheese layer and press down lightly to adhere.
- Brush the remaining butter mixture over the top halves of the rolls, making sure to coat them well.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the sliders, if desired, and cut into individual servings.
- Enjoy your baked ham and cheese sliders while they are hot and gooey, or let them cool slightly and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Tips and Variations for Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
Baked ham and cheese sliders are a versatile and customizable dish that you can easily adapt to your preferences and tastes. Here are some tips and variations to try:
- You can use any kind of slider rolls, such as brioche, pretzel, or whole wheat, as long as they are soft and fluffy. You can also make your slider rolls from scratch if you have the time and skills.
- You can use any kind of ham, such as smoked, honey, or black forest, as long as it is thinly sliced and not too salty. You can also substitute ham with turkey, chicken, roast beef, or bacon if you prefer.
- You can use any kind of cheese, such as mozzarella, Monterey jack, or gouda, as long as it melts well and complements the ham. You can also mix and match different cheeses, or use shredded cheese instead of sliced cheese if you like.
- You can add some extra ingredients to the butter mixture, such as Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, poppy seeds, or sesame seeds, to enhance the flavor and texture of the sliders. You can also use mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing instead of mustard if you prefer.
- You can add some vegetables to the sliders, such as spinach, arugula, tomato, or pickle, to add some freshness and crunch. You can also add some herbs, such as basil, oregano, or thyme, to add some aroma and color.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about baked ham and cheese sliders:
How many sliders can I make with one recipe?
One recipe makes 12 sliders, which can serve 4 to 6 people, depending on their appetite and the occasion. You can easily double or triple the recipe, if you need more sliders, by using a larger baking dish and adjusting the baking time accordingly.
How can I make baked ham and cheese sliders ahead of time?
You can make baked ham and cheese sliders ahead of time by assembling them in the baking dish, covering them with foil, and refrigerating them for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake them, let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then bake them as instructed.
How can I make baked ham and cheese sliders gluten-free?
You can make baked ham and cheese sliders gluten-free by using gluten-free slider rolls, such as Udi’s or Schar’s, and checking the labels of the other ingredients for any gluten-containing additives. You can also skip the rolls altogether and make ham and cheese roll-ups, by wrapping the ham and cheese slices in lettuce leaves or gluten-free tortillas.
So in This Post, I Tell you about How to Make Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders What other points can you think have experienced? Let me know in the comments.
If you found this helpful feel free to share your experience if you can relate to these points and if you are comfortable to share
For More Articles Related to Ham and Cheese Sliders tune in to our Site: Everyday Cooking Recipes