Lebanese cuisine is a flavorful and vibrant cuisine that reflects the country’s rich history and cultural diversity. It is heavily influenced by Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Arabic flavors and ingredients. Lebanese cuisine is known for its generous use of herbs and spices, such as mint, parsley, sumac, and za’atar.
Here are some popular Lebanese dishes you can try at home:
1. Hummus Hummus is a creamy dip made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. It is often served with pita bread or vegetables for dipping.
2. Falafel Falafel is a deep-fried patty made from ground chickpeas, herbs, and spices. It is typically served on pita bread with lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce.
3. Tabbouleh Tabbouleh is a salad made from parsley, mint, tomatoes, onions, and bulgur wheat. It is dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Shawarma Shawarma is a popular street food made from marinated meat (usually chicken or lamb) that is roasted on a vertical spit and served in pita bread with vegetables and sauces.
5. Baba Ghanoush Baba ghanoush is a dip made from roasted eggplant, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. It is often served with pita bread or vegetables.
6. Kibbeh Kibbeh is a deep-fried or baked meatball made from ground beef or lamb mixed with bulgur wheat, onions, and spices.
7. Fattoush Fattoush is a salad made from lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and pita chips. It is dressed with a sumac and lemon juice dressing.
Lebanese cuisine is also known for its sweets, such as baklava and maamoul, which are pastries made from nuts, honey, and sugar. If you are looking for flavorful and healthy dishes, Lebanese cuisine is definitely worth exploring!