How to Make a Delicious and Healthy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a simple, easy, and nutritious meal, you can’t go wrong with an avocado egg salad recipe. This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it can be enjoyed on its own, on toast, or in a sandwich. Plus, it’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and vitamins that will keep you feeling full and energized.
In this article, I will show you how to make a creamy and flavorful avocado egg salad recipe in just 15 minutes. You will need only a few ingredients, and you can customize it to your liking. I will also share some tips on how to store and serve your avocado egg salad, as well as some frequently asked questions.
What You Need to Make an Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
To make this avocado egg salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped. You can use any method you prefer to cook your eggs, such as boiling, steaming, or baking. I like to use this easy method to make perfect hard-boiled eggs every time.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted. You want to use avocados that are soft but not mushy and have bright green flesh. To check if an avocado is ripe, gently press the skin near the stem. If it yields slightly, it’s ready to use. If it’s too hard, you can ripen it faster by placing it in a paper bag with a banana or an apple for a day or two.
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt. You can use any type of yogurt you like, such as Greek, regular, or dairy-free. Yogurt adds creaminess and tanginess to the avocado egg salad and also helps to bind the ingredients together. You can also substitute yogurt with mayonnaise, sour cream, or vegan alternatives.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Lemon juice adds freshness and acidity to the avocado egg salad and also prevents the avocados from browning. You can also use lime juice, apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar instead.
- Salt and pepper to taste. You can season your avocado egg salad with salt and pepper according to your preference. You can also add other spices or herbs, such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, cilantro, parsley, or dill, to enhance the flavor.
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions or chives. These add a nice crunch and color to the avocado egg salad, and also a mild onion flavor. You can also use red onions, shallots, or celery instead.
How to Make an Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
To make this avocado egg salad recipe, follow these simple steps:
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with a fork until smooth and creamy. You can leave some chunks if you like a more rustic texture.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and optional green onions or chives, and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the chopped eggs gently, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Enjoy your avocado egg salad right away, or refrigerate it for later.
How to Store and Serve Your Avocado Egg Salad
You can store your avocado egg salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To prevent the avocados from browning, you can place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the salad, or squeeze some extra lemon juice over it.
You can serve your avocado egg salad in many ways, such as:
- On toast, bread, or crackers
- In a sandwich, wrap, or pita
- On a bed of lettuce, spinach, or kale
- With sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, or carrots
- With bacon, ham, or cheese
- With quinoa, rice, or pasta
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about avocado egg salad:
Is avocado egg salad healthy?
Yes, avocado egg salad is a healthy and balanced meal, as it contains protein, healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, which can lower cholesterol and improve heart health. Eggs are a complete protein source, which can support muscle growth and repair. Yogurt is a good source of calcium, which can strengthen bones and teeth. Lemon juice is a good source of vitamin C, which can boost immunity and skin health.
How many calories are in avocado egg salad?
The calorie count of avocado egg salad depends on the ingredients and portions you use. According to this calculator, one serving (1/4 of the recipe) of avocado egg salad made with the ingredients listed above has about 300 calories, 23 grams of fat, 14 grams of protein, and 12 grams of carbs.
Can you freeze avocado egg salad?
No, I do not recommend freezing avocado egg salad, as the texture and flavor will change significantly. The avocados will become brown and mushy, and the yogurt will become watery and separated. It is best to enjoy your avocado egg salad fresh or refrigerated.
So in This Post, I Tell you about the Avocado Egg Salad Recipe What other points can you think have experienced? Let me know in the comments.
If you found this helpful feel free to share your experience if you can relate to these points and if you are comfortable to share
For More Articles Related to Macaroni and Pasta tune in to our Site: Everyday Cooking Recipes